It is important to have a regular routine for your natural hair, whether daily, weekly or monthly, to ensure and maintain its health.
The fragility and particularity of Afro hair require us to pay greater attention to it.
Creating a hair care routine promotes the growth, shine, hydration and elasticity of your curls.
The gestures, care, manipulations that we do in our hair can affect the health of our hair. For this reason, it is essential for us to have a good routine.
Moisturizing and Protein Care Set
Now, when it comes to hair care, everyone has their own way! And the myth behind this long and sometimes tedious process is shattered when care time is reduced.
Indeed, on the internet, you will find a large number of hair routine proposals, ranging from 3 to 7 steps.
These numbers may be overwhelming and lead many of us to view this process as a long and tedious chore.
In this article, we offer you a simple 4-step hair routine that provides a good foundation for healthy hair.
It includes:wash , conditioner , leave-in moisturizer and sealant.
If you're going natural or just want to put a little extra care into your crown care, these steps are the foundation of a good hair routine.
Estimated time? One hour on average. Yes that's fine!
Let’s discover together the details of these steps and their importance….
They will allow you to establish a routine without pressure. An easy to apply and quick routine in just 4 steps!
Step 1: Shampoo
To start your routine, you will need to rid your scalp and hair of oils, products and dirt they are saturated with.
Please use a sulfate-free shampoo , which will remove all impurities from your hair.
Themoisturizing shampoo cleanses and nourishes your hair with vitamins and minerals without stripping it of its natural oil.
- Start with a pre-shampoo treatment. This step is optional, it will create a barrier that protects very fragile hair from cleaning aggressions. You can use our 3 care oil in 1 to make an oil bath as a pre-shampoo.
- Massage your scalp with your cleanser.
- When washing your hair, focus primarily on your scalp. Then, rinse, letting the foam gently cleanse the rest of your hair.
Step 2: Conditioner
Hydration is essential to ensure defined curls.
Insufficient hydration can lead to breakage, frizz and tangled curls.
To hydrate your hair while shampooing, choose a conditioner that contains nourishing and hydrating ingredients, including water.
The product must penetrate the hair well in order to facilitate its detangling.
Our intense hydration conditioner is the best choice.
Its ultra-hydrating formula nourishes, strengthens and brings suppleness to the hair.
After washing your hair, apply an intense hydration conditioner.
- Start by parting your hair in 4 to simplify the application of the conditioner. And apply the conditioner starting with the ends.
- Gently detangle your hair from ends to roots using your hands or a detangling brush. You can use our Felicia Leatherwood detangling brush to detangle your hair without the risk of breaking or damaging it.
- Leave the conditioner on for a few minutes to work the moisture into the hair shaft.
- For a deep hydrating treatment, leave the product on for 15 to 30 minutes . To maximize treatment, use a heated cap for 15 minutes. Or simply with a bathing cap, because the heat alone that it gives off from your head will be enough to maximize the penetration of the conditioner into the hair.
Step 3: Leave-in moisturizer
Before moving on to the styling stage, the application of a leave-in moisturizer is essential, as it is like a complement to the conditioner.
It improves your hair's ability to absorb and retain moisture.
Our leave-in moisturizer moisturizes and softens the hair while maintaining its shine and softness.
LEAVE-IN MOISTURIZER TIPS
- Work in sections of 4 to 6 as desired, on still damp hair
Apply the leave-in moisturizer lengthwise, focusing on the ends of your hair, the most fragile part of the hair. And go back to the root.
Step 4: Sealer
In order to ensure that you maintain the hydration in your hair for a longer period of time, it is important to apply a butter or an oil .
Our moisturizing cream butter with its supple texture helps combat constant dryness without weighing hair down.
- Choose between a cream butter or oil to seal in moisture and apply a small amount to each section.
- Starting at the ends, massage the sealant into your curls working your way up to the roots.
- Finish by styling your hair as desired.
This routine applies to any type of porosity. In addition, find in our hair care discovery sets these 4 steps for hydrated and healthy hair!
You will like also:
- How to make the most of your afro during the summer?
- 11 Natural Ingredients You Should Look For In Your Hair Care
- How to choose your products according to your hair type
- Moisturize your hair with the LCO method
Leave a comment (all fields required)